The SSRun registration is open to anyone and everyone that is at least 21 years of age. The run is limited, however, to the first 500 registrants. Registration requires a $30 registration fee and a commitment to raise at least $300 in donations.
The run will start and end at Lir Tavern at 903 Boylston Street, Boston. The course is an approximate 1 mile jog that departs from Lir and proceeds down Boylston Street to Berkeley Street. The group then runs back up Newbury Street to Gloucester Street, ending back at Lir.
The run will take place on Saturday, December 11, 2010. Doors and check-in will open at 10:00 am, and the run will commence at 1:00 pm.
To participate in a fun and unique charity event to raise money for Starlight Children’s Foundation, Play Ball Foundation and Hospitality Homes, three terrific local charities that are making huge differences in the lives of youth across Massachusetts.
Here’s what you’ll need the day of the run:
- Obviously, a Speedo-like bathing suit is required. Holiday colors are preferred. Please, no thongs! We know you have the body to pull it off, so why prove what’s obvious?
- Santa hat, beard and other holiday flair at your discretion
- A bag to put your clothes in while running
- Copy of your registration email
- Pledge sheet with any donations collected offline
Wear your Speedo under your street clothes so that you can just strip down to the Speedo at run time.